Friday, June 14, 2013

From stabbed-to STEADFAST love in Christ


Here is a strong woman--thru the weaknesses endured!! And AMEN!! She credits it all to Jesus!!! We all can sit and complain of divorce-but when it is one that really throws you, over the edge-I personally also found out-you better learn to take your eyes off that tragedy-and run to find Jesus-the One who has all your plans-the One who is ready to hold you in tough times. The One who is ready to comfort you-and build you up-so you can proceed to get thru it all, and tell everyone HOW!! IT WAS ALL THRU HIM!! Forgiveness is when He is ready to begin a whole new page-when you TRULY forgive something this tough. When you do, He is so delighted, He smiles and is saying "job well done--I am so proud!" And leads you in the new direction... with hope, faith, LOVE-- thru HIM. Miss Reeves and I have been on twitter together for a while--and I have seen how true her heart is thru Him. And I just began to wonder where it all came from--where was her faith and prayer coming from? We all have it-- but she was/is shining!! When you read this- you will begin to see how amazing He works!! Where her light shines!! I am so grateful to be friends with @diesel_lady :
I knew my husband for 4 years before I married him so it's not like I rushed into it.  We married, moved to AL and a week later his "real" nature came out.  I can't remember
what I did, but he exploded.  I didn't recognize who this man was.  He began to throw things across the room and before I knew it, he punched a hole in the wall and kicked the door off the hinges.  I put up with it for almost 2 months before I decided to leave him.  I sought out a divorce attorney and filed.  I never said anything to him about it.  I just planned to leave and serve him with papers later.  
He went to work one morning and as soon as he turned around the corner, I started packing my things.   I got away until suddenly I saw him coming up in my rear view mirror.  He came along side of my vehicle waving my check books.  I forgot to get them.  He then called my cell while driving along side of me and said if I gave him the house keys he would give me my check books and I could go.  BIG MISTAKE.  I pulled over and when he approached, he pulled out a knife and stabbed me 3 times.  Once in the stomach, thigh, and right hand.  He then grabbed my car keys, purse, and other items and drove off leaving me with no way to get to a hospital.  
A van full of workers passed me by and saw that I was walking while holding my stomach and leg.  The came back and called for help.  They caught him, arrested him, and he spent three days in jail before being released on bond.  By that time, I had moved back to GA and was waiting to see what the grand jury would do.  They did not indite. I was furious.  Later on, he cried, begged, and pleaded with me to come back to him but I knew better than that.  He would eventually kill me if I did so I stayed away.
My family, (especially my dad) was furious and wanted him to "pay" for what he did.  I, however, knew that it was better to forgive and move on especially since I was one of the few women (like you) who survived my attack.  I forgave him and we divorced 30 days later.  
I spoke to him maybe 2 months later and he was very apologetic about what had happened.  I told him that I had already forgiven him and it was the past.  He couldn't believe I forgave him.  My family thought I was crazy and they still do.  They can say what they like, I know the forgiving power of Jesus Christ in my own life and if he can forgive me for my sins, I can and am commanded to forgive others.  
Forgiving, sets YOU free, not your accuser. When you hold resentment, rage, vengeance, and hatred toward others, YOU are the only one who suffers.  Forgiveness, TRUE forgiveness is releasing another from the wrong they did to you without expecting an apology from them.  
I thank God I survived it and hope to be a witness and encouragement to other women who have been faced with an aggressor. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me...that becomes more and more true in my life everyday.

With love,

Asia Reeves
Diesel Lady

Psalm 25:8-10 
Good and upright is the LORD; therefore He instructs sinners in the way. He leads the humble in what is right, and teaches the humble His way. All the paths of the LORD are steadfast love and faithfulness, for those who keep His way. All the paths of the LORD are steadfast love and faithfulness, for those who keep His covenant and testimonies.
Mark 11:25  
But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in Heaven will forgive Your sins, too.
1 Timothy 2 1
I urge you, first to pray for all people. As you make your requests, plead for God's mercy upon them, and give thanks.
Hebrews 4:12-13 
For the Word of God is full of living power. It is sharper than the sharpest knife cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires. It exposes us for what we really are. Nothing in all creation can hide from Him. Everything is naked and exposed before His eyes. This is the God to whom we must explain all that we have done.

2 comments:

Hetty said...

Dear Asia--- these are the amazing moments in life-- in a weird way we can thank Jesus for allowing happening in our lives-- so we weren't living in the "worldly" life--- but dropped it all-- for HIM. Nothing would be better--- He is our ALL IN ALL-- with ALL answers-- our lives planned. And when this stuff strikes- we may not react HIS way right away- but He gathers us-as His sheep, and we learn, or relearn-- LOVE, FORGIVENESS... and that is what makes us whole again thru Christ. And He sets out again on His plans.... if we don't-- we will not be well, and He can't lay out plans until we are ready---and it starts with that clean heart! THAT takes so much!! Once done-- in time--- it feels so awesome, and we almost don't understand why more just can't everyday!! Forgiveness of small things may be petty-- but not many want to get in much deeper like this-- even though Christ sees all sins equal-- it is very tough. I thank God you saw clearly thru Him--heard Him!! Been thru something similar--and it IS the BEST FEELING EVER!!!! Blessings sweet one-- keep going out--- sharing HIS WORD!!! You have that gift!!! Let it shine!

Anonymous said...

WOW, what an awesome testimony of faith and courage. We are in awe of many things here, mostly of His Mercy & Grace. Thanks you Heather and Asia for your constant reminders that we are SAFE ONLY IN HIS HANDS, and if we should choose to walk away from His protection, we will be swallowed up by the world. God Bless you both for your courage!

Steve & Trachena
Surrender40

ShareThis